Cloud Platform Architect
Overview of the Role
As a Cloud Architect at S&W, you provide thought-leadership on how to architect and implement cloud native platforms for large scale enterprises for multiple mission critical applications.
When it comes down to it, the skills required for this job are less about knowing specific technologies and more about communication and the ability to learn quickly. This job requires constant learning and communication. Communication with clients, colleagues, community, and hardest of all yourself. Helping clients and coworkers, to understand what is expected of them and for them as well as ensuring that everyone involved is aware of what the goals are and what is going on such that everyone is aligned on understanding and expectations. Perhaps more importantly is calling out when understandings are not aligned or expectations are mismatched and ensuring that conversations occur to reset, clarify, and align. And finally, always be looking out for more recommendations on how to help our customers be successful and achieve their goals.
- Ability to communicate with team members, clients, and the community.
- Ability to learn quickly and a drive to constantly learn.
- Ability to work with everyone to find the right technical solution that fits their business requirements and context.
- Ability to effectively design and implement Cloud Native Architecture.
- Deliver thought leadership, architecture design, and implementations on any Cloud Platform.
- Guide and influence technical and commercial Director/VP stakeholder relationships.
- Help create the internal cloud roadmap, including grooming backlog based on your experience and knowledge of what it takes to move large organizations.
- Lead and participate in the hands-on technical delivery of projects.
- Ensure clear communications and architectures that allow cloud engineers to understand the objectives and work needed to get to done.
- Coach and mentor cloud engineers on how to leverage Cloud for its strengths and avoid treating it as just another data center.
- Provide guidance on best ways to achieve 100% automation.
- Drive adoption of SRE and blameless post mortem.
- Engineering mindset/developer background
- Strong sense of ownership
- Strong ethics
- Highly organized and industrious
- Focused and motivated
- Curious and self-improving
- Strong technical aptitude
Other Relevant Details
At Stark & Wayne we value work-life balance. As such we do our best to provide a flexible work schedule and environment.
This is a salaried position with 401K 5% match (immediate vesting), plus 100% company paid benefits of: medical benefits and Life/Disability Insurance Coverage.
Stark & Wayne is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. For further information please contact [email protected].
North America with a willingness to overlap with the US east coast morning. Remote positions available.